I've had some enhancements to Pukka in the works for some time, but thanks to the launch of Delicious 2.0, I've been spurred into action to selectively put some of them into a release, as well as address some issues with the new platform. Chief among the latter is an update to allow post descriptions up to 1000 characters, or rather, to only warn when they are over 1000, not the previous 255, characters.
I'm releasing a beta of Pukka 1.7 that also includes the following:
- The latest ten bookmarks across accounts is now shown in the dock and menu bar menus, if they are enabled.
- Performance has been tuned in the menu bar item, which also translates to a faster launch time if you are using the item.
- A backup of each of your accounts' bookmarks, as retrieved from the server, is made from time to time. See Pukka -> View Backup Folder...
- The posting sound effect, if enabled, is now played properly when the preference to quit after posting is turned on.
- Tooltips have been added to menu bar items to display the full bookmark title if they are truncated for display.
- Account passwords are remembered for the duration of Pukka's launch once they are retrieved from the keychain, including across system sleep.
Some other minor tweaks have been made as well, and I'd appreciate some testing. So, if you are reading this, consider yourself invited in the beta. Now take it for a spin!